Down on the Allotment

Matron grows vegetables and fruit in a Hampshire garden. I've been growing veggies since I was knee high to a grasshopper. Some traditional varieties and old favourites as well as new ideas. I share my garden with my allotment assistant Daisy the Labrador. On Twitter as @MatronsVeggies

Sunday, November 06, 2011

Dried Chillis - Part 2

Second batch of Bishop's Kiss chillis are fully dry now. I have threaded them on to a piece of strong thread. Now hanging up in the living room.
Completely home grown, environmentally friendly Christmas decorations!

10 Comments:

At 7:49 AM, Blogger Rob said...

An amazing crop. Impressed - and inspired to try same some time!!

 
At 9:32 AM, Blogger Rob said...

Hi Matron, I was just thinking what good Christmas decorations they would make and then I read the last few lines so for sure I agree with you.

 
At 10:07 AM, Blogger Kelli said...

The dried chillis look really decorative. I sliced and froze my chillis in summer. My plants finished about the end of Aug/early Sept.

 
At 1:24 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Beautiful!

 
At 2:10 PM, Blogger Caro said...

How wonderful - they look like Hawaiian lei necklaces! Amazing how they've kept their colour - and much more decorative than my strings of red onions!

 
At 5:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your Bishop's Kiss chillis have made excellent ristras! Like that they're now hanging in your living room...as beautiful (and delicious) Christmas decorations!

 
At 7:20 AM, Blogger Cabbage Tree Farm said...

They look great!

 
At 12:02 PM, Blogger Lrong Lim said...

Ooh, am envious of your beautiful decor...

 
At 5:17 AM, Blogger melsanford said...

They look really pretty :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

 
At 2:30 PM, Blogger fiona said...

Wish I'd seen this earlier! I grew chillies for the first time this year, but froze them as wasn't sure what else to do .. yours look amazing!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

>