Down on the Allotment

Matron grows vegetables and fruit in a Hampshire garden. I've been growing veggies since I was knee high to a grasshopper. Some traditional varieties and old favourites as well as new ideas. I share my garden with my allotment assistant Daisy the Labrador. On Twitter as @MatronsVeggies

Friday, November 25, 2011

Matron's Christmas Veggie Blog

Just another reminder of how to enter Matron's Christmas Veggie blog. I will be asking bloggers to send me a photo of any veggie from their own plot that will be ready to eat on Christmas Day. I will be asking you to send me a photo via email at the beginning of December, and I will be publishing the blog in the week before Christmas. Come on! let's see what you can do!

6 Comments:

At 5:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sounds fun...do chives qualify :-)

 
At 5:41 PM, Blogger Caro said...

Doesn't look like my brussels are going to be ready in time. Don't suppose dried beans or late tomatoes count? !!

 
At 6:33 PM, Blogger Matron said...

Anything fresh and edible counts!

 
At 7:06 PM, Blogger Stacy said...

sounds like a Great idea, i should have a few items that should be ready quite proud of my Cavalo Nero not sure my sprouts will be ready though!
http://plotnumber58.blogspot.com/

 
At 10:04 AM, Blogger Kelli said...

I may only have kale and leeks?? Hmmm, there might be other stuff.

 
At 9:31 PM, Anonymous Gordon said...

Will send you an email pic of my olives,lemons and oranges. My parents also "dug for victory" and I didnĀ“t taste my first orange until I was 11 years old...so I really appreciate them now! Happy Blogmaside! Gx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

>