Down on the Allotment

Matron grows vegetables and fruit in a courtyard garden. Which edibles will tolerate less than ideal growing conditions. Discovering how veggies can grow in partial shade.

Friday, July 05, 2013

My First Tomato

Much has been said about how late everything is this year. So here is my first ripe tomato. This is a Sungold tomato grown in the greenhouse.  I have been wondering whether previous 'first tomatoes' have been earlier or later in the years I have been writing this blog. So....
2007 - June 18th
2009 - June 8th
2010 - July 6th
So there's not much in it really.  I think that with day length and heat that despite a difficult start they do sort of catch up in the end.  There's not much in it really.

5 Comments:

At 11:24 PM, Blogger Carrie said...

Hurrah - enjoy each little tomato-y moment of wonderment xx

 
At 9:12 AM, Blogger Tanya @ Lovely Greens said...

Jealous! Mine are all still tiny green suggestions of tomatoes. Enjoy :)

 
At 10:24 PM, Blogger Michelle Duck said...

mine are still flowering :(

 
At 4:27 PM, Blogger Robbie Palm said...

Greetings from American,
I enjoyed reading your blog! I agree with you about growing your own kitchen garden , eating out never is the same. I find it does not taste as good as what you grow in your own backyard/frontyard etc..
I stopped by since I was interested an allotments in Uk and how you grow food. I noticed you have problems with space,too. I have put things in the front yard , but this year I did not.
Our problem is not the people, but the deer that are multiplying too much in the city area! robbie

 
At 9:47 PM, Blogger Shebafudge said...

Food of the devil!

I hope it was tasty and you enjoyed it though :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

>