Down on the Allotment

Matron grows vegetables and fruit in a Hampshire garden. I've been growing veggies since I was knee high to a grasshopper. Some traditional varieties and old favourites as well as new ideas. I share my garden with my allotment assistant Daisy the Labrador. On Twitter as @MatronsVeggies

Monday, December 24, 2012

Special Delivery

 A few weeks ago I ordered a special delivery for Christmas.  These Jersey Royal new potatoes were specially grown to be ready and harvested in the week before Christmas.
 Dug up, packaged and posted within a few days of Christmas, I just had to have a little sample before the big day.
The mint is supermarket bought! if the new potatoes are out of season then so is the mint!  Needless to say the end product was absolutely perfect! Matron is looking forward to her Christmas Dinner.

9 Comments:

At 10:40 AM, Blogger VirginiaC said...

Those potatoes look like the ones I like. The skin is thin and the potato has a yellow cast. Very Tasty.
I never knew about boiling them with mint though, is it just for taste?

 
At 11:11 AM, Blogger Mark Willis said...

The other essential ingredient is butter!

 
At 7:49 AM, Blogger Midmarsh John said...

I am sure you and Leo will tuck in to an excellent Christmas dinner.

 
At 12:58 PM, Blogger Shaheen said...

Merry Christmas and a happy new year matron

 
At 2:15 PM, Blogger Kelli said...

Hope you had a happy Christmas and best wishes for 2013!

 
At 5:48 PM, Blogger Midmarsh John said...

I trust you both enjoyed the feast.
Best wishes for 2013.

 
At 4:37 PM, Blogger Bobs Allotment Diary said...

Hi there! I have followed your blog. I can't wait to readyour posts! Please feel free to follow me back, I am a new starter! Happy New Year. Bob.

 
At 9:59 AM, Blogger Lrong Lim said...

Happy new year to you and your loved ones!

 
At 11:20 AM, Anonymous Sue said...

Hope all is well with you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

>